On multiple occasions we confuse both terms, and more so when we do not know their symptoms and their particular characteristics. To differentiate them, you must know their symptoms and their effects on the human body and on the daily life of those who suffer from them.
What is Arthritis?
It is the inflammation of the joints, when this happens they hurt, swell and feel hot to the touch. Affected joints lose mobility and can become deformed. If it affects only one joint it is known as monoarthritis, if it affects 2 or 3 it is known as oligoarthritis and if it affects 4 or more simultaneously we are in the presence of polyarthritis.
Different diseases and syndromes are known to cause arthritis, such as rheumatoid arthritis and its variants, juvenile idiopathic arthritis, infectious arthritis, microcrystal arthritis, secondary arthritis, reactive arthritis, and neuropathic arthritis.
Arthritis is not due to a cause in itself, but there are about 100 different diseases that can cause it. It can have very serious consequences such as pain and loss of mobility in the joint. The treatment can be carried out with various drugs depending on the origin and type of arthritis.
What is Osteoarthritis?
It has been a chronic disease that can become inflammatory due to the progressive wear of cartilage and joints. The joints that are affected lose mobility, become deformed and cause pain. It is the most common rheumatic disease in the elderly.
Differences between arthritis and osteoarthritis
- Osteoarthritis is a degenerative and non-inflammatory disease. The cartilage in the joints degenerates and wears away causing the bones to rub. It occurs in people with genetic diseases that affect connective tissue.
- Arthritis is inflammation of the joints. The joint is swollen and feels hot to the touch. It can be caused by various autoimmune diseases.
- What is the difference between Bulimia and Anorexia? Well explained
- What is the difference between risk and danger? Well explained
- What is the difference between Drug and Medication?
- What is the difference between emotion and feeling? Well explained
- What is the difference between DNA and RNA? Well explained